– Master of Chinese Medicine, CUHK
– Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Maxine offers General Practice in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), including full diagnosis, symptom analysis and treatment. Treatment may include the preparation of medicinal formulas (herbal based), acupuncture and cupping. Formulas are mixed according to the personal needs of the patient and consist of GMP approved, concentrated medicine granules. Treatment is offered for adults and children, including for specific gynecological or pediatric concerns.
Areas of Speciality:
- Basic ailments: common cold, cough, headache, insomnia, postoperative care.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: sciatica, back pain, joint pain, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic pain, post-stroke ailments.
- Skin disorders: eczema, psoriasis, acne, dermatitis.
- Asthma, sinusitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), tinnitus.
- Internal disorders: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), indigestion, digestive system problems, migraine, dizziness, hypotension, hypertension, diabetes, edema, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), weight issues, hair loss.
- Female’s health disorders: pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), menstrual disorders, menopausal syndrome, Infertility.
Maxine has completed the Masters of Chinese Medicine degree at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and is registered through the Chinese Medicine Council of Hong Kong. She has worked closely with a master TCM doctor in his clinic in Hong Kong for four years and has also accomplished practicums at the Beijing Xuanwu Hospital and Shenzhen TCM Hospital.